The Epsilon Kappa Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority has identified several program activities that address the five targets of the sorority’s 2014-2018 international program, Launching New Dimensions of Service℠. The following is a high level overview of some activities. Please check the chapter calendar and events for most current information.
A. ASCEND – will launch and meet the fourth Saturday of each month. ASCEND is an educational program design to assist youth transition from high school to college. Nominate a participant by completing the ASCEND application and returning it via email.
A. Power to End Stroke – Health Fair and Concert in partnership with the American Heart Association. Please check back on our site for 2015 dates and locations.
A. Seasonal Wraps will be collected and donated to local charitable organizations that service youth, families.
B. Youth Hunger programs include collecting food items for youth and partnering with local hunger relief organizations like Full Belly and Agape Community Center.
A. We’re going Green! At meetings and in the community all processes and services have been reviewed to help reduce our carbon footprint.
A. Change for Change will continue in support of Africa. We will also execute UNA USA Day.
• – Dr. King Day of Service at the Repairer’s of the Breach – January 19
• – Dr. King Day Sunday Supper January 18 at Home Away from Home
• – Pink Goes Red for Heart Health during Chapter Meeting – February
• – 1908 Playground Adopt a Playground to refresh, renew, recycle– May
• – Longest Day; Alzheimer Support and Caregiver Activity – June
• – Think HBCU & Alumni Contributions – September